Welcome to our course on rapid reviews! If you are doing this course you’ve probably heard the term rapid review before, or similar terms like rapid response, rapid health technology assessment, rapid evidence summary. For the purpose of this course, we consider these labels to be roughly interchangeable as definitions in the field continue to evolve and we believe these products have more in common than not.
By the end of this course, you should know:
- What a rapid review is (and is not!)
- How and why decision-makers use rapid reviews
- Typical rapid review shortcuts and the potential impact of taking these shortcuts
- Examples of rapid reviews in action
- Where you can go for more information about rapid reviews